NEW JOB: VP of HARDWARE / FIRMWARE – Consumer Products — New York, NY
(Exclusive to CSI – Retained – Post 10 31 13)
A Disruptive Global Leader in electronic consumer products invention and commercialization already has WOW factor app-enabled flagship products on the market … and they’ll be delivering 3-5 app-enabled products quarterly. Do you get “Market Speed” – and like it? Would you like to join a game changer?
We’re in search of a technically strong, highly creative VP of Hardware/Firmware to lead the Consumer Products EE hardware/firmware electrical group. The culture is off-the-wall entrepreneurial in nature – fast paced, highly flexible, and energetic.
Are you a senior leader in electrical hardware/firmware design/development with disciplined project management skills?
Would you embrace an opportunity to drive the development of 3-5 app-enabled products per quarter?
Are you skilled in facilitating large, cross-functional teams to execution in an efficient yet collaborative way?
Do you excel in articulating objectives, goals, and challenges to all stakeholders and in meeting/beating deadlines?
If so, it may be time for you to introduce yourself to us.
INDUSTRY LEADER – TOP COMPENSATION – STRONG BENEFITS – RELOCATION
Key Business-Based Objectives for Position:
- Grow EE Consumer Products hardware/firmware group.
- Immediately, recruit EE firmware team members.
- Establish and direct the strategic goals, policies and procedures for EE Consumer Products hardware/firmware group.
- Meet Deadlines. Deliver Consumer Electronic Products at Market Speed.
- Lead EE Consumer Products electrical hardware/firmware group.
- Require disciplined engineering practices throughout EE Consumer Products electrical hardware/firmware group.
- Oversee the development, release, and maintenance of EE Consumer Products electrical hardware/firmware group’s electrical hardware/software/firmware applications.
- Equip us to develop better consumer electronics products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. (Combined EE and Computer Science degree preferred.) Masters in EE or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of strategic leadership
- Including “ownership” of an EE team (software developers, firmware developers, hardware engineers)
- 5-15 years of EE software/firmware development and hardware experience, including consumer products, electronics, microchips, embedded systems, digital systems, C, C++, etc.
- Disciplined Project Management Skills
- Utilizing project management application such as Trello or BaseCamp
- Ability to move at market speed
- Strong sense of urgency in anticipating and hitting deadlines
- Ability to effectively develop 3-5 app enabled products per quarter
- Ability to build the EE Consumer Product hardware/firmware team
- Must triple EE firmware team quickly
- Clear, Efficient Communication Skills
What’s In It For You?
- WOW factor of flagship products
- Environment – Hyper Entrepreneurial
- Working with the existing global leadership team
- Leading the existing EE Consumer Product team
- Hyper growth trajectory of the organization
- Career growth opportunity
- Occupy the top firmware/hardware leadership role
- Top compensation and benefits
- 15% travel
CONTACT: CSI EXECUTIVE SEARCH LLC :email@example.com
KEY WORDS: FIRMWARE API 3D NEST PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EMBEDDED SOFTWARE C C++ SQUIRREL SMART HOME PRODUCTS APPLICATIONS WIRELESS ELECTRICAL COMPUTER SCIENCE ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY FFT ALGORYTHMS TRELLO BASECAMP INVENTION ENTREPRENEUR FAST PACED APP ENABLED IP CONSUMER NEW YORK NYC HIGH TECH INTERNET CROWDSOURCING DFM DESIGN FOR MANUFACTURE AUTHENTIC PROJECT MANAGEMENT INDUSTRIAL DESIGN BEST PRACTICES