NEW JOB: SVP of Petroleum Operations – Northeast USA
(Exclusive to CSI – Retained)
Are you an experienced Operations Executive with strong hands-on experience in the petroleum distribution and transportation? Do you have financial acumen and a demonstrated history of delivering solid business performance? If so, then we would very much like to hear from you.
A petroleum distribution and transportation company is currently seeking a dynamic Senior Vice President to manage their rapidly growing petroleum distribution and transportation business in the North-East USA.
INDUSTRY LEADER – TOP COMPENSATION – STRONG BENEFITS – RELOCATION
This position will lead and manage the petroleum division of a larger diversified company.
Efficiently and effectively, lead and manage petroleum division to achieve the success measures identified for respective year.
Provide strategic leadership of the petroleum division by working in conjunction with the executive team to establish the long-
range goals, strategies, initiatives, plans and policies for the petroleum division.
Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
Create a fiscal budget for petroleum division based on strategic success measures. Obtain EVP approval for finalized
budgets. Achieve targeted volumes, revenues, expenses, operating income, net income and margin goals. Timely and accurate
quarterly variance reporting based on budget to actuals.
Report out monthly/quarterly/annual analysis of the performance of the petroleum division in a formal report to CFO.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
Maintain awareness of competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
Work professionally and effectively with vendors and customers, creating beneficial relationships that provide superior results within the scope of the relationship.
Maintain up-to-date awareness regarding:
- petroleum market pricing methods and formulas; and
- market demands, shifts of products, and upcoming trends in the petroleum markets for the markets we serve. (Markets served include: convenience stores, retail petro, commercial and government municipalities / entities.)
Communicate and implement organization’s vision, mission and core values.
Ensure that execution of all petroleum division strategic initiatives are timely and accurate.
Throughout the petroleum division, set clear priorities, delegate, remove unnecessary noise so as to focus on the main goal at hand, and guide investment in people and systems.
Guide distribution and logistics to operate as efficiently as possible for the markets we serve.
Serve as company spokesperson for the petroleum division to our customers and vendors.
Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the petroleum division by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the petroleum division.
Enter strategy and KPI measurement into measurement tools.
- Create performance criteria for direct reports in performance appraisals based on job descriptions.
- Make timely entries into an interactive performance appraisal system which could be on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or yearly basis in own account as well as direct report accounts.
TEAM / LEADERSHIP / DEVELOPMENT / MANAGEMENT / SUCCESSION PLANNING
Coach, mentor, develop, and teach leadership and management in a way that is positive and motivating to all direct reports, teams and associates.
Create/update all direct report job descriptions as needed.
Create performance criteria for direct reports in performance appraisal system based on job descriptions.
Complete direct report yearly performance evaluations on time (within 30 days of direct report anniversary date) and satisfactorily.
Build diverse team through qualification-based recruiting and organization’s vision, mission and core values.
Undergrad Business Degree preferred, not required. Advanced degree desired, ideally an MBA, not required.
Industry experience: 10 years. Specifics: Petroleum Distribution and Petroleum Transport/Logistics.
Functional experience, including:
- At least 10 years of senior management in petroleum distribution and logistics.
- Distribution / branded and unbranded.
- Logistics / direct management of trucking.
- Team Building, from the ground up.
- Market building.
Strategic leadership experience
- Formulating and successfully executing a strategic plan.
- Prior development of and execution of operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff.
Proven successful leadership, including department management, of:
- a petroleum trucking/logistics operations team;
- a petroleum distribution operations team; and
- a sales team.
Effective collaborator with diverse groups of people. Consensus builder. Coalition builder.
Strong oral and written communication skills
- interface with diverse population
- excellent interpersonal skills
- persuasive and passionate communicator
- thorough, clear, comprehensive professional writing skills
Savvy in utilizing market relevant software/ERP systems
- SAGE 300 ERP.
- Performance Appraisal System.
What’s In It For You?
- Working with people who live and die by Character and Integrity
- Seeing success of the BU grow through your leadership.
- Growth focus of the organization.
- Upward career trajectory.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org