When the point is securing top talent for your organization, get superior hiring results with CSI Executive Search.
Our Executive Search Process...9 Steps to Success
Given that clear communication is essential to a smooth hiring process, we encourage our clients to review our executive search process below. Mutual orientation to the hiring process will enhance the potential for superior hiring results.
- Needs Assessment - When CSI Executive Search takes on a new search, we begin by getting to know our client. We learn about the company’s culture, its history, and its current business objectives. A site visit is conducted whenever possible.
- Job Description - A critical piece of a successful search project is a comprehensive and detailed job description. CSI conducts structured interviews with decision makers and hiring managers to develop a complete picture of the position. Everything from the necessary skill set and experience base to what the employee’s day-to-day job will include is covered in this process.
- Research - A careful analysis of the company, industry, competitors, and marketplace will serve to guide CSI's search strategy. Our research team will put together a comprehensive plan to guide the sourcing process.
- Identification - Guided by our research efforts, our recruiters will utilize Comprehensive Search Initiatives to identify the most qualified candidates for the position.
- Evaluation - Using behavioral and performance-based assessments, our recruiters qualify candidates based on job skills and necessary experience. Additionally, they utilize structured retention-variable and social intelligence assessments to ensure that top contenders have both the sticking power and people skills necessary to leverage their abilities long-term in client organizations. A final candidate pool, which includes the top 10% of qualified candidates, is the final result of our evaluation process.
- Presentation - Selected candidates from the final candidate pool will be presented for consideration to our client company. A detailed summary and resume of each candidate finalist will be presented to the client company for consideration. Only the most qualified candidates from the final candidate pool will be presented.
- Reference Checking - Careful attention is giving to conducting detailed reference checks with past direct supervisors and direct reports. CSI uses a proprietary structured reference checking protocol to ensure that all candidates are thoroughly vetted and viable.
- Negotiation - We work to ensure that negotiations go smoothly and serve as a helpful intermediary in the sensitive and detailed process of hiring negotiations.
- Follow-up - Post-hire integration and long-term retention are key facets to any successful hire. CSI maintains consistent contact with placed candidates and their employers to ensure a successful transition and integration process.
CSI does not oversell a job to potential candidates. It is not our purpose to make a quick placement. Rather, it is our purpose to find candidates who will be happy in the position and with the organization long-term, thereby contributing to our client’s future business success.
* - To facilitate ease of communication, a single CSI Executive Search consultant manages each search initiated by our firm. Hiring managers will have direct access to this individual throughout the entire search.