NEW JOB: Corporate Controller – Middle-Market Transportation Company ( Atlanta / Birmingham)
The Senior Controller will supervise all aspects of the business unit accounting department and be directly responsible for business unit reports. The Senior Controller will review and assist with financial reporting to the senior management team. A successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership in managing a team, a strong accounting background, a solid understanding of financial modeling, and experience implementing improvement projects.
KEY BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
PROVIDE PROGRESSIVE LEADERSHIP TO ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE ORGANIZATION.
DRIVE A “BEST IN CLASS” ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE ORGANIZATION WHICH HAS TIGHT BOOKS IN GENERALLY ACCEPTED ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES.
IMPLEMENT IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS:
- INSTALL ALL-ENCOMPASSING PROGRAM OF SOUND PROCESSES/PROCEDURES.
- DRIVE CASH MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE.
- REMOVE OBSTACLES TO A “BEST IN CLASS” ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE ORGANIZATION.
DELIVER SMOOTH FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & TIMELY REPORTS – ROUTINE MONTHLY, QUARTERLY, ANNUAL; and SPECIAL REPORTS AS NEEDED.
MAINTAIN AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE IMPACT CASH MANAGEMENT HAS ON CAPITAL AND GROWTH NEEDS/ACTIVITIES.
PROVIDE FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS INSIGHTS FOR EXECUTIVE AND OPERATIONAL LEADERSHIP TO EQUIP THEM FOR STRATEGIC, OPERATIONAL, AND TACTICAL DECISIONS.
LEAD EXTERNAL AUDIT PREPARATION / PROCEDURES / REPORTING.
FACILITATE CREDIT SIDE OF LENDING ACTIVITIES.
DUTIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for financial reporting, analysis and consultation
- Lead the finance and accounting team
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statement package including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, and work in process. Prepare BU reports including budget reports. Interface with and assist management including stakeholders in gathering facts, in developing game plan / results, and interpretation of financial results.
- Lead preparation of all required analyses for annual audit. Coordinate audit activities with outside auditing firm. Prepare schedules as required for tax return preparation.
- Prepare all monthly/quarterly/annual reports for stakeholders, as well as any special analyses they may require.
- Prepare monthly depreciation schedules and annual Business Personal Property Tax renditions.
- Closely monitor cash position, accounts receivable/payable, and other pertinent data and advise management accordingly.
- Develop working relationships with external partners.
- Assess potential acquisitions for strategic, financial and cultural fit.
- Accounting degree required, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of ten years of accounting experience
- CPA certification required
- Solid audit experience (… ideally, Big 8/Big 4 experience)
- Business & financial analysis acumen
- Proven leadership skills
- Management of multiple teams simultaneously for 3+ years (Ex: A/P, A/R.)
- Change management – functional and cultural
- Prior ownership of $80MM+ revenue organization’s accounting department
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills which are fluid from the field team to the Board Room.
- Problem solving skills
- Deep analytic skills – FP&A, root cause analysis, data analytics, financial modeling, metrics, M&A analysis
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite particularly in Excel and data analytics;
- Financial software/transportation management software is a plus.
- Perform other duties /as appropriate.
What’s In It For You?
- Organizational Values
- Exceptional executive leadership team.
- Culture of the organization.
- Growth opportunity for individual and organization.
KEYWORDS: controller, senior controller, CFO, chief financial officer, FP&A, change management, M&A, mergers and acquisitions, CPA, A/P, A/R, Human Resources
Asa Sphar Ph.D.
Managing Partner | CSI Executive Search | Executive Recruiter
Job Poster Location
Austin, Texas Area