GENERAL / OPERATIONS MANAGER: Commercial / Industrial (Succession Role)
(Exclusive to CSI – Retained – Posted 01-24-14)
Are you seeking a GENERAL MANAGER position with an industry leading, multi-state, multi-site industrial / commercial construction related enterprise? Do you have a demonstrated history of successful P&L, operations leadership for a commercial/industrial organization, efficiency in labor management, collaborative team building, pro-active cross selling, and training/mentoring a senior leadership team? If so – you’ll want to learn more about this role. We have a career track position which is targeted for succession planning (2-3 years) to assume the company’s executive leadership role.
A leader in the industrial / commercial construction industry is currently seeking a GENERAL MANAGER to spearhead their company wide operations. (THIS POSITION IS BASED IN SEATTLE, WA.)
INDUSTRY LEADER – TOP COMPENSATION – EQUITY – STRONG BENEFITS – RELOCATION
Key Business-Based Objectives for Position:
- GENERAL MANAGEMENT: Full operational oversight of a $55M P&L organization.
- STRATEGIC VISION: Lead the company to the next level in this niche industry. Formulate strategic plans for each division.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE: Set business development strategies that succeed in leveraging the company’s value proposition in a competitive landscape environment.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS: Excel at prioritizing the customer experience.
- WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT: Set policies and procedures to efficiently manage labor.
- OPERATIONS: Drive alignment on operational deliverables.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Transition from owner run to GM run organization. Key Goals: Instill business-savvy labor and T&C mindset. Create highly collaborative environment which values higher efficiencies and uniformity. Train leaders in business-savvy, pro-active, cross-selling. Increase leadership’s team building skills.
- MENTOR / TEAM BUILDING / SUCCESSION PLANNING: Identify and mentor high potential leaders in these areas – Business Acumen : T&C Accounting : Labor Efficiency : Sales Savvy : Team Building : Collaborative Leadership : Follow Through
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in heavy construction, refinery operations, and / or aerial – crane lift environments, including 5+ years in a full P&L- level position.
- Strategic leadership of multi-state, multi-site industrial construction-related enterprise.
- Previous full P&L responsibility
- History of formulating and successfully executing strategic plans
- Ability to lead competitively among existing competition
- Business acumen. Participate in business development with past, present and prospective customers.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements and reports
- Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles
- Competitive awareness and expertise.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Diverse population
- Functional experience, including: 20% Travel between / among sites and clients as required.
- Labor efficiency mindset within union-based workforce
- Change Management (ex: owner run to GM run)
- Motivate to achieve results while managing people fairly and with respect
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
What’s In It For You:
- Tremendous career growth opportunity
- 2-3 Year succession role (owner retiring)
- Growth focus of the organization
- Culture of Respect
- Loyal, dedicated workforce. Excellent workforce retention.
- Great work group and team environment
- Amazing Location – Culture & Nature
- Top compensation and benefits
- 20 % travel
- Great work / life balance
CONTACT: CSI EXECUTIVE SEARCH LLC : email@example.com