Chief Operating Officer | Leading Oil & Gas Upstream Service Provider | Houston, TX
Are you a COO or Business Unit Manager ($50M+ P&L) looking to make your mark with an industry leading oil & gas services provider? Do you have a demonstrated history of strong technical and operations management with experience in both the upstream onshore and offshore arenas? Finally, does taking on an anticipated CEO succession role and full scope of operational responsibilities for a highly profitable and cutting-edge oil & gas service company sound like the career opportunity you have been looking for?
If so, you will definitely want to explore this position in more detail…
TOP COMPENSATION — BENEFITS — FULL RELOCATION — INDUSTRY LEADER
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise the management team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions.
- Strategic planning and resource allocation
- Establish operational processes / process improvement
- Ensure quality control of all company output as pertains to customer acquisition and delivery of services
- Ensure all department heads are fully informed of operational objectives
- Set operational and / or performance goals for each department which are aggressive, achievable and tied to long-term goals
- Establish and monitor performance reporting systems
- Monitor department performance against performance goals to ensure that progress is being made
- Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear and coordination is good.
- Manage financial performance reporting process.
- Core oversight responsibilities for team building and employee development
- Strong organizational skills
- Extremely strong communication skills
- Self-initiated, passionate operational leader
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Ability to anticipate operational roadblocks and avoid them
- Superior business development relationship skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to set priorities
- BS degree, engineering preferred. Advanced degrees desirable.
- A technical management background is essential
- 10+ years management experience in the upstream Oil & Gas Service Industry. Additionally, at least 5+ years of individual contributor / technical experience.
- Deep water offshore experience is a plus
KEYWORDS: EPC, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Presidents, Vice-President, Director, Business Unit Manager, General Manager, Systems Integrator, Systems Integration, Onshore, Offshore, Deepwater, Technical Management, Oil & Gas Services, Industrial Control Manufacturing, Automation, Control, Instrumentation, Monitoring Electronic Inspection, Controllers, SCADA, Process Control, PLC, Control Systems Design, Commissioning, DCS, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Marine Engineering, Process Automation, Engineering, Integration, Project Engineering, Matlab, Power Distribution, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Modbus, Pipeline and Terminal Controls, Field Service, Wonderware, Control Logic, Allen Bradley