VP of Business Development – Industrial / Environmental Services
Houston, TX — (Exclusive to CSI – Retained)
Our Vice President of Business Development will serve as the leader of our sales effort – selling on value, rather than on price – with responsibility ranging from strategy development and departmental management to closing deals in front of the customer. This positon will report to the Chief Executive Officer and/or Chief Operational Officer with significant interaction with operational vice presidents. S/He will be skilled in managing a diverse sales force while possessing strong strategic selling skills and analytical abilities.
We require that the Vice President of Business Development have significant experience in the upstream energy market. Such experience will allow the incumbent to assess the overall sales strategy, sales organizational structure, and marketing plan and drive continues improvement of each in conjunction with the senior staff. This individual will be a natural leader with deep upstream energy contacts who is capable of driving the business. Additionally, this individual will have the capacity to learn/lead midstream and downstream business development efforts. S/He will have no reservations about interacting with any level of a potential customer and will be the ultimate “closer” for our organization.
Key Business Objectives for this Position:
STRATEGY: Develop go to market strategy after working with senior management to refine pricing strategy which will maximize service bundling value.
OPERATIONS: ain understanding of operational methods in order to lead technical data driven sales force. Utilize operational staff to supplemental sales presentations when appropriate.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT: Determine optimal structure of the sales organization, evaluate existing team members, and reorganize/recruit as needed in order to operate a high performance sales team.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: PRIMARY: Be the primary leader of all business development activities which ultimately result in expanding revenues in upstream energy sector, our core business. SECONDARY: Lead business development in midstream and downstream sectors, our new growth opportunities.
- Minimum 10 years services selling experience, including 2+ years of sales management experience, in the oil & gas industry, with a requirement selling into upstream, ideally in an organization of mid-large size with revenues in excess of $50M+. Mid-stream or downstream experience would be a plus.
- High Energy, Entrepreneurial, Hands-On Deal-Maker / Closer with Operations and Pricing Acumen.
- Experienced in selling on value, rather than on price, in the upstream sector.
- Detailed knowledge of organizational structure of major players in upstream industry and where/how procurement decisions are made regarding our organization’s service offerings.
- Proven track record of consistently growing sales and increasing market share in upstream sector by building or leading a high performance sales team.
- Strong strategic selling skills and analytical abilities; a data-driven mindset in analyzing and assessing current customer base and potential targets for business development.
- Cultural fit with the Company’s existing senior management team; possesses a collaborative, open communication style in dealing across all levels while maintaining impeccable business ethics.
- College degree required – Advanced degree preferred with technical concentration if possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop annual sales and marketing strategic plans
- Maintain key customer relationships and actively engage with high value prospects
- Leverage existing customer base to expand into new service offerings
- Create “go to” market materials that effectively communicate the Company’s value proposition
- Develop and implement effective sales processes and measurements to track and ensure results
- Lead request for proposals process ensuring ultimate success in obtaining/maintaining business
- Participate in evaluation and implementation of CRM system in coordination with senior staff
- Conduct market analysis and lead the Company’s selling effort to penetrate new markets and expand existing markets
- Develop annual sales compensation and incentive plan to ensure appropriate growth
- Work with sales team and operational leadership across business units to identify and deliver on specific cross-sell, business development and market penetration initiatives
- Collaborate with senior staff in identifying competitive landscape and threats for each business line, as well as counter strategies to maintain/grow market share
- Direct supervisory responsibilities for Directors of Business Development and Sales Representatives
- People of Character and Integrity. We live and die by Character and Integrity.
- Highly Driven.
- High Energy.
- Extra Mile.
- Whatever It Takes.
- Intend to remain in the workforce for ~15+ more years.
Most challenging things about the position:
- Industry trends are providing macro headwinds
- Limited technology in place to support sales team
- Significant accountability within management team
- Highly entrepreneurial environment
- Company has introduced multiple new business lines in last 24 months
- Varied skills sets among sales team
Most rewarding things about the position:
- Top notch executive leadership
- Working with people who live and die by Character and Integrity.
- Full support of every group within company – HR, Safety, Finance, Etc.
- Partnering with a highly successful Executive Team
- Servicing the anticipated, quickly growing workload
- Upward career trajectory
- Significant wealth creation
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to: Asa Sphar III, email@example.com