NEW JOB: Vice President of Communications – Global Fortune Company – Boston
HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL RETAINED SEARCH — WORLD LEADER
Reporting to the SVP Marketing and Communications, the Vice President ( VP ) of Communications will be responsible for the development of communication strategy and will contribute to organizational strategic planning process. The VP of Communications will develop a world-class communications plan, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand reputation. The VP of Communications will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership.
This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media. The goal is to advance the organization’s position with relevant constituents, as well as to drive broader awareness and support for the organization. The VP of Communications will be responsible for varied and integrated communications products and services including: newsletters and other print publications; web, e-news, and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing.
KEY BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
STRATEGY: Take charge of strategic direction of communications goals for North American business units.
OPERATIONS: Oversee communications operations as a business leader driven by metrics rather than a traditional function-centric organizer.
FINANCIAL: Business/Financial Leadership of communications activities throughout North America, including annual budgets, and detailed project budgeting.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Collaboratively develop/ implement strategies differentiating ours as the Company of Choice (internally & externally).
– Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
– Strong understanding of full-spectrum energy and/or water related services desirable
– Budget ownership, ~$1M+
– 24/7 Availability to respond to critical business issues during off hours
– 30% Travel. Domestic & International
– Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior communications management role either in-house or with an agency
– Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic communications and media relations to advance an organization’s mission and goals
– Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
– Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists
MEDIA /WRITING/TECHNOLOGY/INNOVATION/CRISIS MANAGEMENT
– Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors in the US and Canada, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
– Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media
– A minimum of five years of experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
– Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
– Demonstrated CRISIS MANAGEMENT skills
PROBLEM SOLVING/JUDGMENT/CREDIBILTY/DECISION MAKING
– Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
– Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of senior leaders
– Excellent and persuasive communicator
Most rewarding things about the position:
- Opportunity to lead crisis communication activities for the most complex commercial, industrial, and government services company in North America.
- Ability to learn about, interact with, and positively impact every area of the business.
- Serve as the front-line interface between the organization and the media.
- Collaborative, progressive company philosophy.
- Upward mobility.
- Exceptional executive leadership team.
KEYWORDS: Communications, VP of Communications, Director of Communications, Marketing, MarCom, Directors, VP, Vice President, Refineries, Renewables, Oil & Energy, Commercial, Government, Healthcare, Higher Edducation, Utilities, Facilities , Municipal, O&M, EPC Services, Maintenance Services, Facilities Management, Civil Engineering, Chemical, Petro-Chemicals, Plastics, Construction, Industrial, Water Handling, Water Treatment, Automation, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Marketing and Advertising, Energy plants, Utility Service District, Media Relations, Crisis Management.
Asa Sphar Ph.D.
Managing Partner | CSI Executive Search | Executive Recruiter
Job Poster Location
Austin, Texas Area