New Job: Director – Strategy and Corporate Development (Houston)
Location: Houston, TX (Preferred)
EXCLUSIVE RETAINED SEARCH
Are you a seasoned strategy and corporate development executive with a strong background in driving M&A initiatives and strategic planning including financial, market, and operational analysis? If so then read on…
A Global Fortune 500 leader is currently seeking an exceptional Director – Strategy and Corporate Development leader to support strategic M&A and corporate development activities for their North American Industrial Services operations.
INDUSTRY LEADING BRAND & REPUTATION – TOP COMPENSATION & BENEFITS – RELOCATION
Reporting to the SVP Strategy and Corporate Development & Strategic Planning, this position is responsible for supporting the company’s Strategy and M&A initiatives and strategic planning including financial, market, and operational analysis. The Director – Strategy and Corporate Development is a business and functional expert with experience managing multiple projects, departments and outside relationships. Creative analysis, independent thought, and a proactive approach to adding value to the organization are key elements of this position.
- Financial modeling for M&A, joint ventures, project development and financing activities
- Assisting Business Development in pricing strategy and assessment of credit risk
- Serve as an integral member of company’s strategic planning effort to identify, assess, and prioritize growth opportunities
- Take increasing responsibility in leading screening assessments
Market Research and Analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Industry trends in key target markets
- Assessment of alternative business models – most effective ways of selling company’s products/services to customers
- Assist in creating presentation materials for executive management, potential partners and customers.
- Improvement of internal processes including:
- Pricing models used by business development
- Long term financial planning
- Assessment of financial results
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s degree in business or equivalent preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in financial consulting, investment banking, or corporate financial analysis
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills, including advanced Excel modeling skills
- Industrial Services experience required
- Deal structuring experience $50MM+
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment and be detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of IFRS/GAAP accounting standards
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bi-lingual English / French speakers preferred
Personal qualities required for the position:
- Highly motivated creative thinker
- Team player willing will to contribute to success in a variety of roles
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with shifting and dynamic priorities
Most rewarding things about the position:
- Leave not just a finger print but a handprint on the organization
- High visibility position
- Collaborative, progressive company philosophy.
- Upward mobility.
- Exceptional executive leadership team.
- Culture of the organization.
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon successful employment/education verification and a background check. Some positions also require a drug screen, a pre-hire medical exam, and/or credit check. Must meet all work eligibility requirements for full-time employment in USA.