Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Executive – North America
If you are a MarCom leader with a demonstrated history of successfully unifying marketing and communications functions to drive organizational growth, minimize costs, and maximize returns, you should definitely contact us to learn more about this compelling opportunity. This industry leading global company is seeking a Marketing and Communications Executive to drive their North American growth and market expansion.
Provide overall strategic direction for the planning, development, and execution of unified marketing and communications initiatives designed to achieve business objectives. Synergistically run marketing and communication activities like a business by understanding, calibrating, and executing functional programs in light of their provable impact on key business metrics, including revenue, margins and cash flow. Outline organizational growth plan. Direct the activities of Subordinates inclusive of associated resources and liaise with overseas counterparts. Coordination and implementation with acquisitions. This role reports to the CEO and shall manage the below responsibilities and all other associated duties.
Key Business Objectives for this Position:
STRATEGY: Take charge of overall strategic direction of marketing and communications goals for North American business units.
OPERATIONS: Oversee marketing and communications operations as a business leader driven by metrics rather than a traditional function-centric organizer.
FINANCIAL: Business/Financial Leadership of all marketing and communications activities throughout North America , including annual budgets and detailed project budgeting.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Collaboratively develop/ implement strategies differentiating our Company as the “Company of Choice” (internally & externally).
ACQUISITIONS: Coordination and implementation with Acquisitions.
- Oversee all strategic activities related to market development and planning.
- Oversee/Direct the design, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance/ administration of market analytics.
- Oversee/Direct in creating and managing an “Information Repository.”
- Oversee/Direct real time, efficient utilization of Salesforce for enterprise applications.
- Assist in structuring complex offers (knowledge of creative financing packages)
- Provide sales support
- Provide strategic offer content
- Oversee all strategic activities related to communications planning
- Provide strong brand leadership
- Lead in strategic advertising initiatives
- Offer strategic oversight of public relations activities
- Guide communication and participation with and in various industry groups
- Sustainability Spokesperson / CSO
- Serve as an innovation accelerator
- Oversee all media communications
- Provide strategic oversight of creative services
- Liaise with NGO’s
- Lead and manage all crisis communications
STRATEGY / ACQUISITIONS: (Dotted Line Report)
- Coordination and implementation with Acquisitions.
- Comprehensive marketing and communications leadership experience with strong business and financial acumen (industrial, manufacturing, energy, utilities, EPC and/or related backgrounds a plus).
- Experience heading up the marketing and communications functions in organizations with $1B+
- Broad knowledge of marketing and communications fields.
- 15 years of professional experience to include:
- 10 years of well-rounded marketing and communications leadership experience in positions of increasing responsibility, with a focus on market expansion and identifying emerging market trends.
- 5 years of cross-functional experience in sales, business development, and/or general management.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience with the ability to motivate and provide professional development to a team of direct reports. A hands-on collaborative style of working is a must.
- Experience building brand awareness and support internally.
- Strong media presence background.
- Demonstrates effective decision making capabilities in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Lead MARCOM activities consistent with Company’s Core Values.
- Proven track record of leading diverse team.
Asa Sphar, Managing Partner
CSI Executive Search