NEW JOB: Director – Strategy & Corporate Development (NORTH AMERICA)
Boston, MA – Retained Search
Are you a seasoned strategy and corporate development executive with a strong background in driving M&A initiatives and strategic planning including financial, market, and operational analysis? If so then read on…
A Global Fortune 500 leader is currently seeking an exceptional Director – Strategy and Corporate Development leader to support strategic M&A and corporate development activities throughout their North American operations.
INDUSTRY LEADING BRAND & REPUTATION – TOP COMPENSATION – STRONG BENEFITS – RELOCATION
Reporting to the SVP Strategy and Corporate Development, this position is responsible for supporting North American Strategy and M&A initiatives and strategic planning including financial, market, and operational analysis.
The Director – Strategy & Corporate Development is a business and functional expert with experience managing multiple projects, departments and outside relationships. Creative analysis, independent thought, and a proactive approach to adding value to the organization are key elements of this position.
- Financial modeling for M&A, joint ventures, project development and financing activities
- Assisting Business Development in pricing strategy and assessment of credit risk
- Serve as an integral member of company’s strategic planning effort to identify, assess, and prioritize growth opportunities
- Take increasing responsibility in leading screening assessments
Market Research and Analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Industry trends in key target markets
- Assessment of alternative business models – most effective ways of selling company’s products/services to customers
- Assist in creating presentation materials for executive management, potential partners and customers.
- Improvement of internal processes including:
o Pricing models used by business development
o Long-term financial planning
o Assessment of financial results
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s degree in business or equivalent preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in financial consulting, investment banking, or corporate financial analysis.
- Energy and/or electric market experience preferred.
- Experience with financial modeling for M&A, joint ventures, project development and financing activities.
- Background identifying and developing M&A targets.
- Must have a demonstrated history of successfully engaging in market research and analysis pertaining to competitor analysis, identifying industry trends in key markets, and evaluating the best business model(s) for promoting products and services.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills, including advanced Excel modeling skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- History of successful formal presentations to key leaders
- Excellent written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment and be detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of IFRS/GAAP accounting standards
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Highly motivated creative thinker
- Team player willing will to contribute to success in a variety of roles
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable in an fast paced environment with shifting and dynamic priorities
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon successful employment/education verification and a background check. Some positions also require a drug screen, a pre-hire medical exam, and/or credit check. Must meet all work eligibility requirements for full-time employment in USA.
KEYWORDS: M&A, Electricity markets, financial modeling, project development, mergers and acquisitions, energy, renewable energy, energy services, electrical, alternative, district energy, CHP Combined Heat and Power, Energy Plant O&M, Energy Management, energy efficiency, business development, electric generation, electric transmission, due diligence, valuation, energy market analysis, strategy assignments, power generation, financial analysis, forecasting, modeling, Energy technology, renewable energy, green energy, energy efficiency, electricity, sustainability, capital markets, valuation, strategic planning, forecasting, corporate development, acquisitions, program management, variance analysis,