Operations Manager – Pipeline / Oilfield Construction
(Exclusive to CSI – Retained)
An energy services organization specializing in pipeline and facility construction is currently seeking a dynamic Operations Manager to partner in leading their rapidly growing company.
- Operations Managerto oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of multiple business units at multiple sites. Included are: pipeline and facilities construction, trucking heavy equipment and drill rigs, welding and fabrication shop, frac tank rentals and repairs, and maintenance shop. Solid business acumen, ability to execute strategies, a “safety first” philosophy, and the ability to prioritize goals in a complex, dynamic business are required. Responsibility includes P&L. The successful candidate will be a “hands on” leader capable of earning the respect of the entire team. Ours is an honest and fair business, and we seek honest and fair team members.
- 5+ years’ leading/supervising natural gas pipeline/oilfield construction teams. 5+ years.
- 3+ years’ leading operations of energy services organization (contractors) handling natural gas pipeline/facilities construction.
- Self-motivated leader with collaborative style and “can do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering Major (Petroleum, Civil) preferred, but not required. MBA preferred, but not required.
- Business acumen.10+ years’ business experience, including 5-7 years in a leadership/manager- level position.
- Attention to detail. Strong organizational skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills. MS Office Suite.
- Ability to direct multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to easily adapt to changing priorities and adhere to tight deadlines.
- P&L and Budgeting: maximize the profitability of all assets in areas of each assignment; prepare information for accounts receivable; and manage the annual budget.
- Implement tactical solutions to: drive process improvements; support and implement HSE initiatives; and provide training and coaching, ex.: training for supervisors on leadership and job performance skills; continually develop/improve HSE training; continually develop/improve maintenance / equipment training; continually develop/ improve operations processes and efficiencies.
- Oversee Pipeline, Engineering, Maintenance, Trucking, and HSE Managers:planning and scheduling of natural gas pipeline construction jobs; planning and scheduling of facilities construction; daily trucking activity; equipment repairs and maintenance; and welding shop.