Director of Human Resources, Industrial Operations
(Exclusive to CSI – Retained)
A Middle-Market Industrial Services Organization with an excellent reputation seeks a dynamic Director of Human Resources, Industrial Operations, to lead a talented HR team in serving a diverse workforce of professionals in this stable, progressive organization.
EXCELLENT REPUTATION – TOP COMPENSATION –STRONG BENEFITS – RELOCATION
The Director of Human Resources, Industrial Operations (Houston, TX), is a member of the management team and is responsible for leading the HR function throughout this $80MM+ Industrial Services organization. This position:
- leads the HR team throughout the business unit;
- works alongside executives, leaders, and managers, to create cohesive, unified culture;
- leads and maintains a “Safety First” HR organization with credibility in delivering full-spectrum HR services;
- develops /maintains in a priority-based, results-driven, business-minded HR organization;
- aligns HR activities with dynamic business needs;
- creates a culture of high accountability and a sense of urgency; and
- generates an environment of “professional pride” throughout the business unit.
Key Business Objectives for this Position:
Align with and efficiently/expeditiously execute strategic objectives in a fast-paced environment.
SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE:
Require/Maintain a “Safety First” environment along with regulatory compliance.
Communicate forward clearly, concisely and effectively in a fast paced environment.
Continually align HR organization’s goals/objectives to meet business needs.
Upgrade HR unit to “best practices” policies, procedures, and plans suitable to business unit.
Develop / Instill efficient tactical HR approach throughout unit.
Integrate business unit into Talent Development platform.
Integrate business unit into Succession Planning platform.
Deliver HR excellence to entire business unit population.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT:
Lead in developing and maintaining credible working relationships with executives, management teams, and entire workforce of highly diverse population.
Lead in creating collaborative, unified, “trusted partner” environment for HR throughout the organization.
Lead and manage a highly accountable, priority-based team of HR Managers in support of the business unit.
Present and manage human capital goals, opportunities, and challenges for the business unit.
Manage annual HR budget.
Lead improvement in employee retention throughout unit.
Create collaborative, unified, “trusted partner” environment.
Create priority-based, nimble culture.
Generate “Professional Pride” culture between/among population served.
Upgrade HR unit to “best practices” policies, procedures, and plans.
MENTOR / TEAM BUILDING:
Lead, coach and mentor team of HR Managers.
Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s or MBA preferred.
SPHR, PHR certification desired.
Sector bandwidth – Industrial Services:
- Industrial Cleaning – High Pressure Services, Chemical, Etc.
- Industrial Water – Inorganic and Organic Wastewater.
- Industrial Waste – Disposal & Recycling.
HR Experience: 10 – 15 years’ relevant industrial services broad-based HR Generalist experience.
- Employment & Staffing: Hiring, Onboarding, Retention, Employee Relations.
- Labor Relations.
- Policy Administration/Process Improvement.
- Talent/Performance Management.
- Employee Communication & Engagement.
- Training / Development.
HR Leadership / Management of an entire HR Organization.
- 5+ years’ proven track record as an effective leader/manager.
Working knowledge of federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
Experience utilizing systems such as Cornerstone / Taleo / SuccessFactors to handle HR functions.
Industrial Services Sector Credibility.
Sense of Urgency.
Collaborative, unifying leadership style.
- Partnership approach.
Proven ability to quickly align with and efficiently execute on strategic objectives.
- Priority focused. Solutions oriented. Results driven.
Flexibility: Ability to navigate in a fast-paced environment.
Clear, concise, grammatically correct oral and written communication skills.
What’s In It For You?
- Working with the existing leadership team
- Growth focus of the organization
- Career growth opportunity
- Opportunity to come in and make immediate impact
- Being instrumental in bringing positive, productive influence to the table
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon a successful employment/education verification and a background check. Some positions also require a drug screen, a pre-hire medical exam, and/or credit check. Must meet all work eligibility requirements.
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org, Donna Sphar, CSI Executive Search